Friday, December 7, 2018

30A Final Reflection



Throughout this semester I've had the joy of learning a lot, typing a lot and reading a lot. All of these were both painful and pleasurable. From interviewing people on my project to reading books it was definitely some work but well worth it. I did not look forward to reading honestly but since it was interesting it wasn't that bad and I'm glad I did. Everything that was hard in tis class I learned the most from. 

I found the experience of going out and interviewing people for the first time as most memorable. It was a really odd and awkward thing to do but the feedback I got was very amiable in shaping my vision. The best memory of the class were watching the video lecture and all the times Dr. Pryor would rag on the grog house. Im pretty proud of myself as being a very shy person doing the elevator pitches and interviewing people and by the end I got pretty good at doing so. 

I think I have definitely grown my entrepreneurial mindset, I see things differently in the world now and look at problems as opportunity to create something to meet that unmet need now. Every day it seems I'm having another idea that could potentially solve an unmet need. I definitely do not see myself as a real entrepreneur but my mindset is in fact growing. 

One recommendation I would have is start out with something you are passionate about and it makes the whole thing much easier. the assignments don't suck if you like what you are learning about.  Get as many points as possible in the beginning so you have them just in case and embrace the mindsets mentioned in the beginning as the whole class is then made easier.  Slowly ease into an entrepreneurial mindset and the assignments will start to click and really make sense. 










http://sportstao.com/the-trouble-with-finish-line-guys/

1 comment:

  1. Hey Emory, I really enjoyed reading your final reflection because I agree with everything your wrote! Everything that I dreaded doing for this class ended up helping me the most. I am also a very shy person so interviewing people and recording elevator pitches was probably the hardest part for me, but it ended up making me more confident and make my business idea a more successful concept. I also agree that future students should definitely write about something they are passionate about because it makes this class so much better.

    ReplyDelete